Play experiences topping kid’s wish list this festive season
From creative to digital, outdoors or more traditional play, Hasbro has a solution for all.
1. Bring back game night with the all-new Monopoly Mzansi. The South African public voted on their 22 favourite places in Mzansi, and now you can race around the board visiting each spot or bidding on some prestigious property with Monopoly Mzansi. In this classic game of buying, selling, wheeling and dealing – players strive to buy their favourite places in South Africa before their opponents and making sure they avoid paying rent on already owned slots. Monopoly Mzansi makes a perfect gift for the festive season, a definite must have for travellers and provides an opportunity for family and friends to come together and enjoy some quality time, Mzansi style.
2. The iconic Furby brand from Hasbro recently introduced a new furry friend, just in time for the festive season. The digitally-integrated Furby Connect, delights kids with engaging gameplay, is an interactive companion full of personality that uses Bluetooth® technology to connect with kids through entertaining video clips, catchy songs, phrases, global events, and more. The Furby Connect World app, available on iOS and Android devices, allows Furby Connect to bring together the worlds of digital and physical play, offering kids an engaging real world play experience. Furby Connect reacts intuitively to sound and touch, speaks more than 1,000 phrases and further expresses its moods through more than a hundred unique, colourful animations displayed in its full colour LCD screen eyes. Furby Connect even knows the date and time so it can delight owners with fun surprises like asking for breakfast or a late-night snack.
3. With summer temperatures expecting to soar, it’s time to head outside and get nerfed! Nerf works like a water blaster – but has the advantage that nothing gets soaked. The colourful toy blaster, which shoots soft foam darts, entices kids away from the TV or the PC and encourages them to play with each other by providing action-packed and safe fun, indoors and outdoors. Nerf fans can look forward to customising their blasters for their mission or battle with the N-strike Modulus Expand the possibilities with firepower and tactical gear and achieve unprecedented levels of customisation with the new NERF Modulus Tri-Strike Blaster, Battle scout Blaster and ECS-10 Blaster. Sign up to nerfblastermasters.co.za stand a chance to win some Nerf prizes, get some tips from the experts and join the South African Nerf Blaster Masters community.
4. Open a can of imagination with Play-Doh. In celebration of its 60th anniversary, Play-Doh is taking fans on more colourful, creatable, adventures with a range of new Play-Doh products. A childhood staple since its introduction in 1956, the Play-Doh brand continues to captivate the imagination of children and artists of all ages. Craft hundreds of different exciting creations with a selection of fun Play-Doh tools, characters and playsets such as the Drill ‘n Fill, Ice Cream Castle and Cake Party playsets and don’t forget the quirky characters of Play-Doh Town waiting to welcome you to their home.
5. My Little Pony continues to engage and inspire girls around the world with magical adventure. Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie are all excited to discover the magic of friendship together. Create new friendship experiences with Baby Flurry Heart and Princess Cadence in the Crystal Empire Castle or row, row, row your boat with Pinkie Pie and her awesome Row & Ride Swan Boat. With entertainment, toys, publishing, digital gaming and lifestyle licensing to choose from; your child will be occupied for hours.
6. Transformers, one of Hasbro’s top toy brands for boys, have discovered a powerful group of Mini-Con allies that not only convert to weapons but they give other bots a Power Surge to use in battle. Hit the Decepticons with a super-charged attack with Power Surge Bumblebee or with Power Surge Optimus Prime. Bumblebee links with the Mini-Con Buzzstrike to activate his Power Surge mode and Optimus Prime links with the Mini-Con Aerobolt to activate Power Surge mode, then uses his wings and flight power to battle in the air. Based on the popular Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series on Cartoon Network, Transformers: Robots in Disguise toys give kids the opportunity to own their favourite characters. Transformer action figures bring home exciting interactive play, but the action doesn’t stop there as the Transformers: Robots in Disguise App, based on the animated series, creates an interactive mobile gaming experience that brings the characters of the show to life.
7. Explore the world of Yo-Kai with the Yo-Kai Watch and Yo-Kai medals, which launched earlier this year to the South African market. The Yo-kai medals unlock a magical Yo-Kai world providing kids with access to a fantasy experience that Hasbro is building across toys, games and digital. There are over 200 characters, each with its own Yo-kai medal (ranked from high to low based on its availability), which the Yo-kai offers as a symbol of their friendship. To engage with the Yo-kai characters you can either ‘summon’ a particular Yo-kai by inserting its medal into the Yo-kai watch, scan the medal with the Yo-kai Land app (available as a free download on Android and iOS) or by collecting the various Yo-kai medals and storing them for safekeeping in the Yo-kai Medallion Collection Book or swapping with friends.
8. Kids have always found a friend in pets and now, with Littlest Pet Shop and FurReal, kids can get carried away into a world of fantasy pet fun with their very own play pet. FurReal Friends plush pets are all about rich pet experiences and engaging play to create unforgettable memories. Meet the newest addition to the FurReal range, Torch, My Blazin’ Dragon. This adorable baby dragon has a fiery personality and is full of excitement and surprises.
9. To add to the family fun occasion, one of the most popular games for kids, Pie Face, is filled with excitement and suspense, and somebody’s bound to get spattered! Just add some whipped cream or a wet sponge on the ‘hand’ of this hilarious game unit and start turning the handle. It could go off at any time, so keep your fingers crossed and hope you’re not the one who gets a splat in the face. This holiday season, get your family game on with Hasbro’s selection of board games, with a choice for everyone, you will keep the whole family entertained.
Hasbro is committed to creating the world’s best play experiences by putting kids first in everything they do. From toys and games to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfils the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. Making your holiday shopping a lot easier this year.
For more information on Hasbro full product range, visit www.hasbro.co.za or Facebook and YouTube:
Littlest Pet Shop https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL487WddbY5AWOULNXzB-UwfyOfLlw_k9R
Get it JHB West – July 2018