Décor & Gardening
Water wise tips for National Water Week
Consider these water wise tips for ways to cut down water consumption and expense.
Did you know?
- A toilet is the single biggest user of indoor water. On average, it uses 11 litres of water per flush.
- The average washing machine uses about 100 litres of water per wash cycle.
- The average tap runs at 10 litres a minute.
- The average shower runs at 22 litres a minute.
- The average bath holds 150 litres of water.
- A garden hose can spray about 30 litres of water a minute.
- The average person, in a middle-class home, uses 200 litres a day to water the garden.
How to save water:
- A toilet flush saver takes minutes to install and gives immediate savings because it shortens the average flush from 11 litres to two, giving a water saving of around 60 per cent.
- Install a rosebud showerhead, which restricts the flow to nine litres a minute.
- Use a water flow regulator to save up to 75 per cent. It can be used on all outlets, provides an aerated spray and restricts the flow to three litres a minute.
- Become more aware of water consumption by installing a Water Smart Flow Meter on your irrigation. It enables you to track your water usage and fits on taps, sprinklers or sprayers.
- Harvest rainwater from your roof and store it in a water tank. This way you could meet up to 86 per cent of household needs. Rainwater is clean and it’s free.
Get it Joburg West – November 2017
Celebrate the special moments in life with Nomination
We’ve got a Nomination bracelet, with two special precious links to get your life story started, to give away …
Summer days + total protection = safe fun in the sun
So we love our skin. We love summer. And we love our readers … which is why we’re giving away a full set of SVR Sun Secure product range to one lucky reader!
This month we’re getting our smoothie on!
We’re giving away a Nutribullet plus 10 Blendid smoothie packs, so you can get blending too!