Beauty & Fashion
5 Skincare routine non-negotiables
Thembelihle Lephoko from skincare brand Clere Radiance says that it can’t wait! What? “Leaving your makeup on at bedtime once a month isn’t a huge issue – but when it happens more often it is a problem. Toxins from the day are trapped in your pores, dirt and sebum build up and before you know it – you’re experience premature ageing, or at the very least – mild acne breakouts.”
So there you have it. Lephoko has five more skincare non-negotiables to share as follows:
- Tone! Say what? The general impression is that a toner is only necessary for people with oily skin. Incorrect. If you live in the world and come into contact with any form of dirt, dust or pollution, then you need a toner to assist in cleansing your skin at night. A toner gets into the pores and leaves your skin fresher than fresh.
- When it comes to SPF application, just remember one thing. You live in Africa! It’s hot! Be aware that driving in the car and walking between buildings means you’re exposed. It’s not just a day on the beach that warrants proper application. Find a product that does a double or even triple job. The Clere Radiance BB cream is a tinted moisturiser with SPF.
- You know that feeling when you step out the shower and forget to apply moisturiser? It feels like your skin is being pulled in 4 different directions when you smile? Well, there’s the proof. Your skin needs help to stay moisturised. Investing in a good moisturiser is vital to keep your skin soft and supple. Clere Radiance offers an Even Tone Moisturiser and an Even Tone Complexion cream. Find which one works for you and stick to it.
- So what are the facts about water related to skin health? Your skin is made up of cells, and your cells are mostly made up of water. When you’re dehydrated, your skin looks dull and wrinkles and pores can be more evident. Staying hydrated during the day means your skin looks healthier, and the cells can function properly. Plus, it’ll aid with keeping your weight stable. Just do it.
- Less party, more chill. Did you know that smoking, alcohol and stress can affect your skin? This skincare non-negotiable deals with treating your body right. Take time off to relax, follow an indulgent skincare regime and look after yourself. You deserve it.
Visit www.facebook.com/clereradiance for more.
Get it JHB West – June 2018