Meatball curry recipe
- 500g beef mince
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp tumeric, ground
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 x 80 g sachet thai red curry paste
- 2 x 400 g Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- basil leaves, to serve
- steamed rice, to serve
- To make the meatballs, combine the mince, 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp of ground coriander and sea salt and black pepper well then form golf-ball sized meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs in a non-stick frying pan until golden brown all-over. Remove from the pan then set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the remaining onion, garlic and ginger until soft and aromatic.
- Add the spices (ginger, tumeric, coriander) and curry paste then saute for 30 seconds before adding the tomatoes, coconut milk and sugar.
- Allow the curry to reduce for 5 minutes then add the meatballs back in to the sauce. Allow the curry to cook for 10-15 minutes until the meatballs are cooked then season to taste.
- Serve with halved cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and steamed rice.
Recipe by Woolworths.co.za
Get it Joburg West – October 2017
Time for a classic, and oh-so-beautiful, timepiece
We’ve got a gorgeous Daniel Wellington watch to give away.