Blue cheese and mushroom pasta
– 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
– 2tbsp olive oil
– 1tbsp butter
– 4 large sliced brown mushrooms
– 180g blue cheese (at room temperature)
– 2 cups baby spinach
– Salt (to taste)
– Pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to the packaging instructions.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over medium heat then sauté the mushrooms until they’re browned and cooked through. Season and place aside.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, pour it back into the pot. Stir in the blue cheese and allow it to melt. Add the bay spinach and mushrooms to the pot as well.
Adjust the seasoning accordingly and serve while hot.
Get it Joburg West – November 2017