17 tips on how to save on fuel
So what if we, your trusted insurance advisors, tell you that we have 17 tips on how you can save fuel when you’re driving? Read on to drive more economically.
- Ensure that your vehicle is serviced regularly.
- Ensure that your tyre pressure is correct.
- Don’t carry unnecessary weight in your vehicle.
- Remove your roof rack from your vehicle, if you’re not using it.
- Fill up your vehicle when your tank is half empty.
- Fill up your vehicle’s tank in the morning.
- Don’t rev your vehicle unnecessarily.
- Stop driving aggressively.
- Stop driving in the lower gears.
- Don’t break too hard or too suddenly.
- Do not speed.
- Maintain a steady speed while driving, use cruise control if you can.
- When driving slower than 75km/h, open your windows. If you’re driving faster than 75km/h, drive with the air con on.
- Plan your route ahead of time to avoid unnecessary stops and trips or getting lost.
- Try to run as many errands in one trip as possible.
- Try to avoid traffic jams as much as possible.
- Consider carpooling.
By implementing these small changes to your driving habits, you can ensure that your wallet won’t be hit so hard the next time there is a fuel price increase. If you do decide that it is time for a new vehicle, contact your Indwe advisor. Not only are we your trusted insurance advisors, but we’re also your partner for life. Visit www.indwe.co.za or phone 0860 13 13 14, for your unique insurance solution.
Indwe is an Authorised Financial Services Provider.
Get it JHB West – May 2018