Maintain your new year’s resolutions with these healthy snack recipes
• 1 cup Pouyoukas whole rolled oats
• 2/3 cup coconut flakes
• ½ cup peanut butter
• ½ cup chia seeds
• ½ cup cocoa nibs
• 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
Mix everything together in a medium bowl. Chill for 45 minutes. Roll the mixture into balls and enjoy. Store in the fridge.
• 2 cups Pouyoukas chickpeas (prepared as per pack instructions)
• 1/3 cup tahini
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• Paprika (optional, to add at end for decoration)
• Coriander or parsley leaves (optional, to add at end for decoration)
Blend together and enjoy with crackers, carrots or other vegetables.
Pouyoukas munch pack
Pouyoukas munch pack is a mix of crunchy raw peanuts, sweet raisins and sunflower seeds. It is an easy to grab heart healthy snack. Raisins provide a great energy boost and are rich in anti-oxidants while the peanuts and sunflower seeds provide a good source of mono and polyunsaturated fats for sustained energy.
Pouyoukas Foods will be launching a new recipe book this year with many mouth-watering recipes.
Visit the Pouyoukas website at www.pouyoukas.co.za
Get it JHB West – July 2018