Pumpkin, bacon & tomato salad
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
|200 g||Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon|
|1 kg||pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes|
|30 ml||olive oil|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
|100 g||feta cheese, crumbled|
|50 g||fresh rocket|
|60 g||sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped|
|60 ml||double thick plain yoghurt|
|5 ml||lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl toss together the pumpkin cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour out onto a baking tray in a single layer, place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and fry bacon until crispy, remove from heat, allow to cool and break into pieces.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the roast pumpkin, fried bacon, feta, rocket and sundried tomatoes.
- Toss salad well to combine.
- Mix yoghurt together with lemon juice and zest and serve with salad as a dressing.
Get it JHB West – February 2018
Valentine’s treat: Best bubbly ever!
We’ve got a case of L’Ormarins Brut Classique Rosé NV to give away.
READ: Two great books for December #GetItBookClub
The perfect companions to your holiday travel plans …