Pumpkin, bacon & tomato salad
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
|200 g||Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon|
|1 kg||pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes|
|30 ml||olive oil|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
|100 g||feta cheese, crumbled|
|50 g||fresh rocket|
|60 g||sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped|
|60 ml||double thick plain yoghurt|
|5 ml||lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl toss together the pumpkin cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour out onto a baking tray in a single layer, place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and fry bacon until crispy, remove from heat, allow to cool and break into pieces.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the roast pumpkin, fried bacon, feta, rocket and sundried tomatoes.
- Toss salad well to combine.
- Mix yoghurt together with lemon juice and zest and serve with salad as a dressing.
Get It Joburg West – November 2018
Win an exciting family getaway worth more than R22 000!
We’re giving you a chance to shine all through summer by winning an ICE watch!
Win with M&M’s and Skittles this Halloween
We’ve partnered with M&M’s and Skittles to give away two hampers consisting of M&M’s, Skittles and movie vouchers valued at R650.