Pumpkin, bacon & tomato salad
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
|200 g||Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon|
|1 kg||pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes|
|30 ml||olive oil|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
|100 g||feta cheese, crumbled|
|50 g||fresh rocket|
|60 g||sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped|
|60 ml||double thick plain yoghurt|
|5 ml||lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl toss together the pumpkin cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour out onto a baking tray in a single layer, place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and fry bacon until crispy, remove from heat, allow to cool and break into pieces.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the roast pumpkin, fried bacon, feta, rocket and sundried tomatoes.
- Toss salad well to combine.
- Mix yoghurt together with lemon juice and zest and serve with salad as a dressing.
Get it JHB West – October 2018
Welcome summer with an extraordinary rosé
We’re giving one incredibly lucky reader a case of Jean Roi Cap Provincial Rosé.
Something new on your braai this Heritage Day
Everyone wants to celebrate Heritage Day no matter what their food preference is, and braais are certainly not for meat eaters alone. Add this Pouyoukas recipe of spicy lentil burgers to your braai as an extra option.
Happy birthday FAT bastard … we’re giving out gifts to celebrate
We’re celebrating FAT bastard’s 21st birthday … with a gift of a magnum of Shiraz. Here are 21 reasons why Mr.b loves about FAT bastard.
We’re celebrating the arrival of spring with a sundowner picnic …