Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
|1 kg||Eskort Pork Fillet, butterflied and sliced into strips|
|15 ml||olive oil|
|2||large onions, sliced|
|5 ml||ground black pepper|
|5 ml||caraway seeds|
|250 ml||chicken stock|
|15 ml||chicken stock|
|250 ml||sour cream|
|fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish|
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly your fillet, making sure to not cut all the way through, then slice into strips.
- Heat oil in a pot, add onions and cook until softened.
- Add pork fillet strips and brown, turning regularly until meat has just browned.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and caraway seeds and stir to combine well.
- Add stock and tomato puree and stir. Cover and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add sauerkraut and stir to combine, allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through the sour cream.
- Serve warm with mashed potato or starch of your choice and a sprinkling of parsley.
Credit: Eskort – Life’s Delicious
Get It Joburg West – September 2018
Welcome summer with an extraordinary rosé
We’re giving one incredibly lucky reader a case of Jean Roi Cap Provincial Rosé.
Something new on your braai this Heritage Day
Everyone wants to celebrate Heritage Day no matter what their food preference is, and braais are certainly not for meat eaters alone. Add this Pouyoukas recipe of spicy lentil burgers to your braai as an extra option.
Happy birthday FAT bastard … we’re giving out gifts to celebrate
We’re celebrating FAT bastard’s 21st birthday … with a gift of a magnum of Shiraz. Here are 21 reasons why Mr.b loves about FAT bastard.
We’re celebrating the arrival of spring with a sundowner picnic …