Beauty & Fashion
57 per cent of South African women regard hair loss as a main hair concern
Nomfundo Majozi, brand manager for Vigro®, says that hair solutions are often given to women but the underlying cause of hair loss is hardly discussed.
“When it comes to non-genetic hair loss, factors such as medication, stress, illnesses and diet can all contribute to hair loss. These elements can, to a certain degree, be controlled and managed to help get a handle on thinning hair,” says Majozi.
When trying to combat non-genetic hair loss, try the following:
- Put into place stress combatting activities such as meditation, exercise, and painting, anything that will help you relax. When you become over-whelmed take a step back, breath and look at things from a different angle. You can only handle things one step at a time.
- When given new medication, understand what the side effects may be, and if hair loss may be attributed to it, then you will know what to expect.
- When it comes to your diet, eating foods rich in Protein, Iron, Omega 3, Zinc, Selenium and Vitamins A and C can help reduce the effects of non-genetic hair loss.
- If your hair is starting to thin, the Vigro® 3 Step System can help with hair growth and thickness. Vigro® works by assisting the scalp in cleaning and opening the hair shaft and thereby preparing the scalp for penetration of the active ingredients, as well as assisting hair follicles to reduce hair loss through the active ingredient Follicusan™ (topical products).* The Vigro® 3-Step System also provides a combination of vitamins and minerals needed to nourish your hair from within.*
“Life is hectic enough without having to worry about hair loss too,” Majozi concludes.
* Efficacy of support may vary between users. Consult a medical practitioner for a diagnosis or if symptoms persist. Use as indicated. Vigro®3-Step System is not indicated for genetic hair loss.
Get it JHB West – October 2018