Tasty ideas for Pesto Princess Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri is a fresh, spicy coriander and parsley sauce, traditionally served with steak in Argentina. This fresh braai sauce has a herby, lemony hit with a firm nudge from the chillies and garlic in the aftertaste. Bright green in colour, the piquant and tangy taste comes from loads of herbs, roasted onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and of course chillies.
While South Americans may use generous spoonfuls on their meat, at Pesto Princess we quite like it with baked potato, salads, vegies, prawns and calamari.
How to use it:
- Stir chimichurri into mashed potatoes for a twist on the same old same old. Make potato cakes with any leftovers.
- Top rye toast with avo and tomato, and drizzle chimichurri over for a healthy snack.
- Terrific with your morning eggs, if you’re on team savoury when it comes to breakfasts.
- Spread on your boerie roll or steak, or garnish fish, for a delicious burst of flavour.
- Dollop into a warm bowl of pasta or soup.
- Use as a dip for warm potato wedges or roasted veggies.
Price: From R35
Available at: Pick n Pay, Food Lover’s Market, Spar and delis.
Get it JHB West – October 2018