Seven reasons to love wine
The collection includes …
- The Stellenbosch Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2018 – full-bodied and crisp, enjoy it chilled with fresh oysters, grilled fish and a salad of tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella.
- The Stellenbosch Hills Chenin Blanc 2018 – medium-bodied, refreshing and fruity … lovely with spicy prawns, grilled fish, creamy chicken dishes and pasta.
- The Stellenbosch Hills Bushvine Pinotage 2016 – a full-bodied wine …all blackberries, plums and mulberries, with hints of vanilla oak, banana, dark chocolate and cigar box. The winemaker recommends serving it with barbeques, oxtail, venison dishes and beef pie.
- The Stellenbosch Hills Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 – Full-bodied, juicy and elegant, it’s great with pasta or any red meat dish.
- The Stellenbosch Hills Merlot 2016 – deep, ruby-red, full-bodied wine that bursts with red and blackberries, mulberries and flavours of ripe plums. Perfect with roast beef, roast lamb or a beef stew.
- Stellenbosch Hills Shiraz 2016 – with classic red fruit flavours (think raspberry and mulberry) with oak spice, and hints of black pepper, violets and cloves. Enjoy this one on its own, or with a red meat dish.
- The Stellenbosch Hills Muscat de Hambourg 2016 – explosively fragrant with candy floss, boiled sweets, rose petals and violets. Serve on crushed ice, over vanilla ice cream and strawberries or at room temperature on cooler days.
All of these are available from leading outlets for between R52 and R80 a bottle. Details: www.stellenbosch-hills.co.za, Facebook, Twitter (@STBHills) and Instagram (@stellenbosch_hills).
Get It Joburg West – September 2018
Welcome summer with an extraordinary rosé
We’re giving one incredibly lucky reader a case of Jean Roi Cap Provincial Rosé.
Something new on your braai this Heritage Day
Everyone wants to celebrate Heritage Day no matter what their food preference is, and braais are certainly not for meat eaters alone. Add this Pouyoukas recipe of spicy lentil burgers to your braai as an extra option.
Happy birthday FAT bastard … we’re giving out gifts to celebrate
We’re celebrating FAT bastard’s 21st birthday … with a gift of a magnum of Shiraz. Here are 21 reasons why Mr.b loves about FAT bastard.
We’re celebrating the arrival of spring with a sundowner picnic …