Beauty & Fashion
Good teen skincare, great lifelong skincare
However, the challenge here is that teenagers are all about quick fixes and immediate results but taking care of their skin properly will mean dedication. Only when you’re older will you understand the importance of investing in good skincare regimes. It’s up to parents and caregivers to equip their teens with products and information to help them keep their skin looking and feeling good.
Experts recommend the following practical guide:
- Wash your hands before you start your daily face care regime. Clean hands prevent the transfer of harmful bacteria to the face.
- Applying a moisturiser is extremely important even for oily skin. The Cuticura Vanishing Cream is specially formulated to reduce oiliness and help remove any shine to give your skin a matte look, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and clear.
- In the harsh South African sun, the use of an SPF daily is critical. Choose an SPF that does not make your skin oily or create a shine. A mattifying SPF over your moisturiser will do the trick.
- Cleanse your skin twice a day. You may find your skin is excessively oily and want to remove the oil but do not strip off the excess sebum as your skin will only create more. Rather use a product like Cuticura Oil Control Wash to regulate your oily skin – it will cleanse and mattify the skin and leave it to refresh.
- Remove any excess dirt, makeup and oil with a toner before bed or sporting activities to prevent clogging of your pores, which can result in acne and a blackhead. The Oil Control Toner from Cuticura includes Witch-Hazel, great for teens battling with acne. It is natural and helps reduces inflammation, decreases oil and redness. It can lessen bacteria growth while speeding up the healing of scars, scabs, and infection.
- To assist with the increased absorption of your products, it is important to exfoliate twice a week to remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate the skin. It also helps to unclog pores and regulate your skin’s natural oils. Make sure you don’t scrub too hard – gentle round circular movements for about two minutes. The Cuticura Face Scrub has a unique formulation which contains jojoba oil and herbal extract to help soothe with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Don’t be tempted to squeeze blackheads or pimples as this can cause scarring and will also spread germs resulting in a breakout. If a breakout does occur apply Cuticura Antiseptic Ointment to the affected area as this will help minimise pimples and blackheads.
Follow Cuticura on Facebook for more information
Get It Joburg West – November 2018