Hasbro gaming introduces even more fun to play and share gaming options
Hasbro, one of the world’s largest toy, game and entertainment experience companies, has you covered this holiday season with a wide range of fun to play and fun to share board game options, including some exciting new choices.
From long-time favourites such as Twister, the game that ties you up in knots or Connect4 where you need to get 4-in-a-row to win, to the gravity-defying block-stacking game Jenga and more. Not forgetting firm family favourite, Monopoly, and with so many variants to choose from, including the local is lekker Monopoly Mzansi version, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Now Hasbro Gaming introduces a few new games to up the fun ante – there’s Speak Out Showdown as well as Trivial Pursuit Family Edition. And for the littlies, Pie Face Cannon and Don’t Step In It are sure to bring the laughs, there’s also a new take on an older classic with Blindfolded Twister.
See below for exciting board game options, no matter your age!
Family fun time just got even better!
- Pie Face the game where someone is bound to get ‘splatted’ is back with Pie Face Cannon, the game that can generate some serious laugh-out-loud fun! One player sets up behind the facemask as another player spins the spinner, which will determine the angle of the cannon and how it will move. That player takes aim and launches the whipped cream while the player behind the mask tries to avoid getting “pie-faced” by using the blocking hand.
- For all the Monopoly fans, Hasbro introduces a modern banking version of the Monopoly game: the Ultimate Banking Edition. In this edition, Monopoly money is no more! The Monopoly Ultimate Banking game features an all-in-one Ultimate Banking unit with touch technology that makes the game fast and fun. Now players can instantly buy properties, set rent, and tap their way to fortune. Seriously, who wants to be a millionaire?
Game nights are on for the adults too! With loads of laughs, why should the kids have all the fun?
- If you loved the hilarity of Speak Out the game that challenges players to try to say different phrases while wearing a mouthpiece that won’t let them close their mouth then Speak Out Showdown is for you. The new electronic ‘head to head’ mouthpiece challenge game prompts players to simultaneously try to get their teammates to guess more correct phrases than their opponents, while the electronic interrupter unit’s hand randomly determines when it’s your turn to speak out and when it’s not!
- Think you’re hearing things? With Hasbro’s twist on the online viral “Whisper Challenge” sensation, the Hearing Things Game has players guessing what they think their teammate is saying by reading their lips. One player puts on the speech-cancelling electronic headphones and the other player says the random phrase shown on the card. The player wearing the headphones can’t hear what their teammate is saying and must figure it out to earn the card.
- Don’t Lose your Cool tests players ability to stay calm under pressure. Players wear the Cool-O-Meter that measures their heart rate, and the opposing team rolls the dice that will determine how they’ll try to get the player to get flustered. A change in heart rate affects the meter and when the meter gets high enough, the lights get to red, the alarm will sound, and the opponent wins. Try not to react and get ready for lots of laughs with this hilarious adult party game for ages 12 and older. Take the game on holiday and break it out to liven up a get-together.
Hasbro Gaming adds even more fun for the kids?
- The game that gets everyone in a twist now features blindfolds and textured shapes for a touch of mystery and loads of fun. Experience a new take on the classic Twister game with Blindfolded Twister. Players still move to spots on the mat, but now they do it wearing blindfolds and play completely by touch and memory. Who’s in for a fresh new twist in Twister?
- Try out the new and improved Bop It! Twist it! Bop it! Answer it? Selfie it? Hammer it? This edition of the popular electronic Bop It! the game is enhanced with 10 action-oriented Bop It! moves for today’s modern gamer. The challenging and fast-paced game uses motion technology to test players reaction time to see if they’ve got what it takes to win.
Your pre-schooler will love the wide range of games specifically aimed at this market.
- Hasbro Gaming introduces Don’t Step In It, a hilarious game with messy consequences, so be careful not to poop out while playing. Share in all the messy fun as blindfolded players try to navigate their way across a mat. But watch out – little piles of compound moulded in the shape of poop have been strategically placed on the mat. The laugh-out-loud game is for ages 4 and up, and easy to play. Who can avoid the number twos to be number one to win?
- Many of the pre-school learning classics from Hasbro Gaming have also received the Mensa Kids* stamp of approval. Choose from Downfall the game of gears, twists, turns and strategy or family favourite, Mouse Trap, which is full of zany action as players scurry around the board collecting cheese and avoiding the traps. Ready, set, go. Be the quickest to fit all 25 shapes into their matching holes in the tray. But watch the timer, if it runs out pop goes the Perfection The Cranium Sculpt-It game is the wacky game with the outer space theme. Players need to work together to use their imagination and sculpting skills and win as a team
With all of these great options to choose from, family time will always be fun. Hasbro products are available from leading retailers including Toys R Us, Toy Kingdom, Toy Zone, Toy Adventures, Lilliputs Toys, Hamleys, Checkers and Checkers Hypers, CNA, Makro and online at Takealot.com
Get It Joburg West – November 2018