Spicy chicken salad
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cups water (480 mL)
1 cup sake (240 mL)
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, green parts only
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons chili bean paste
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
1 teaspoon garlic, grated
1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 fresh cilantro
- In a medium-size pot, add the chicken breast, water, sake, sliced ginger, and scallions, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, flip the chicken breast over and put the lid on top of the pot. Turn off the heat and leave the pot sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Chill in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- On a plate, arrange the sliced tomatoes, julienned cucumbers, and sliced chicken breast.
- Top with cilantro and drizzle with sauce.
*Recipe courtesy of tasty.co
Get It Joburg West – November 2018
Win an exciting family getaway worth more than R22 000!
We’re giving you a chance to shine all through summer by winning an ICE watch!
Win with M&M’s and Skittles this Halloween
We’ve partnered with M&M’s and Skittles to give away two hampers consisting of M&M’s, Skittles and movie vouchers valued at R650.